Be Kind to Your Web Footed Friends

On Saturday we saw something I've only ever seen in pictures. A mama duck was crossing the road with her little ducklings all in tow. It was a busy street, where cars zoom by, and poor mama and babies might not have stood a chance. Except there was a sweet man, whose name I don't know, who decided to do something to help. He was in a white van and he pulled his vehicle across two lanes and got out stopping trafic until the ducks had passed. My only regret was that I didn't get the camera out of my purse in time to snap a picture. But it was a cute little procession, and admirable of the man who stopped to help them out.

We've been watching alot of the Animal Planet lately, and we see so much ugliness that's done to innocent animals. Sometimes it's just neglect, sometimes the owners are poor or elderly and either can't take care of their pets or just don't realize what's really happening. But then there are cases that just make you want to strangle people. Why be cruel to an animal? But seeing this man practically put his own life in danger to help a procession of ducks--wild animals, not even pets--get across the road gave me a little hope that there is still goodness left in the world of today.

Would that our society would care as much about the baby humans, especially the unborn baby humans. But that's a theme for a different blog altogether. :)

I've started to pack, so while I'm going to try to get back on track with my blog, my posts might still be sporadic. I'm ready for this phase to be over. As much as I don't want to go to Florida, especially with spring finally happening here (the flowering trees are just beautiful!) I'm still ready to get past the "temporary" stage of things.

Anyway, enough of that. It's SPRING! Have a great week. :)

Comments

Judy said…
How sweet! I'm glad you were able to at least see it. I read it to Bob and he agreed as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Lying = Intelligence???

Why is Jason hot?

A Contest for You