Sad

I admit, I'm trying very hard not to be, but I'm sad. I guess my relapse was worse than I thought. Or then I'm having another one today. I was ok about Florida yesterday, but now that it's a reality, I'm not so ok about it. They called yesterday and offered DH the job. On one hand, I'm glad. I would have been very upset if they turned him down after all this. It would have been a real blow to his self esteem had that happened. So this was a good thing. Of course, that put DH in a tailspin. He's still not thrilled with the idea of going to Florida. But in talking through all this, we came to the conclusion that it makes no sense for him to take a job doing something other than what he's sacrificed almost two years of his life to accomplish. We've had a hard two (well, almost 2) years here while he's been doing this chaplain residency. And to do something else, even youth pastoring, would be like throwing it all away. So nothing has been signed yet, but I think it's safe to say we'll be moving to Florida as soon as the girls are out of school.

My emotions are up and down. I'm ready to leave this place, mostly because I'm ready to feel more settled. We knew this was temporary and we've been living "temporary" for these years. And that's just tiring. We're not quite living out of our suitcases, but it's not far from that. So on the bright side, it's nice to know I'm going to be able to be a little more settled soon. I'll be able to find a house and make it cozy. This apartment we're living in has not been cozy. We didn't have the finances to make it so, for one, plus we didn't want to buy alot that we'd just have to pack up and move when this phase was over. But Florida???

Ah well. I see it this way. We're so used to moving around that, if we really don't like it there, we can always pack up and move. lol. Not that I'm looking forward to another move in a short period of time, but it's nice to know it's a possibility. And who knows? We just might end up liking it. The Keys are beautiful, and we won't be far from them. And there's always Disney. (Think positive, think positive!)

Comments

Marianne Arkins said…
I don't know if I should say congratulations or I'm sorry...

I AM jealous you'll be so close to Judy.

*G*

Popular posts from this blog

Lying = Intelligence???

Why is Jason hot?

A Contest for You