What I Want for the New Year

Actually, I don't want alot. But I know already that we're going to see alot of change coming our way. You'd think my family would be used to change, and in a way I guess we are. But being used to it doesn't mean you like it. And I'm ready for a change in the changes. In other words, I'm ready to settle down and grow some roots. We've been here and there for the past 17 years. I met and married my husband in the Washington, DC area. Moved to Dallas, Texas, a year later and spent 5 years there. My two daughters were born there. Then we moved to Wake Forest, North Carolina where DH pursued his master's degree. We spent 3 wonderful years there, and they were just too short. I've always wanted to get back there, but so far, God has had other plans. From there, we moved to Brazil for the next 7+ years. That might seem like a good chunk of time to stay in one place, and it was. But the "where to next?" cloud was always hanging over our heads. DH and I joke around that somewhere in our ancestry there must be gypsies, because we can't seem to stay put in one place for very long. After Brazil, we moved back to the US, to the Midwest. A first for us in that area, and I've come to love it. Yes, even with the sub-zero winter temperatures and lots of snow. (I'm loving the snow! Check out the picture at the bottom of the blog. I took it myself, and I'm very proud of it. lol) But in August our "lease" on the Midwest will be over. That will be two years spent here. My previously homeschooled kids started school here this year, and despite some glitches getting started, they've come to love their schools. Made friends. Started to put down some roots, I guess you could say. And it looks like we're going to have to rip up those roots again and move...but only God knows to where at this point. In a way, it's kind of adventurous to be able to pick just about any place to go to next. But I'm ready to be a little more permanent. Guess that's my age starting to show. :) So I'm hoping 2008 will bring me some semblance of "stability". Not that I believe in that word, not really, not in the society we live in, but you know what I mean. I want to at least have that illusion of stability. lol. Is that too much to ask?

The other thing I hope for is a book contract. Ah...yes, that's the biggie. And one I have no control over, so I leave it completely in God's very big, very capable hands. I'll tell y'all more about that in my next post. Now...no whining. I've got to keep SOMETHING on the menu for tomorrow. Remember, I've RESOLVED to be a better blogger this year. I need to have material to be able to keep writing. :)

Leave me a comment, and let me know what you're hoping for in this brand spaking new year of 2008. Maybe we can even pray together for our hopes and dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lying = Intelligence???

Why is Jason hot?

A Contest for You